I'm full of intent, resolve and energy for parenting, cooking, sewing and blogging after visiting friends and family in England for Christmas and then lying on a beach in Mexico for a week. Whilst I get my act together, a few things I learnt whilst on Isla Holbox:
1. It is de rigueur to have had a boob job when sunbathing in Mexico.
2. I'm a piña colada convert.
3. I'm not sure why I have waited so long to celebrate my yuletide birthday in the sun on a beach rather than in cold and grey climes - it is clearly the best way to ensure a new year of life starts in a positive frame of mind. In fact, why I haven't engineered to live somewhere that is perpetually warm and sunny is beyond me.
4. Mosquitos are the one creature I will kill. With relish. (Oh and cockroaches *shudderrrrrrrrr*)
5. There is a direct correlation between the best looking / most stylish restaurant in a place and really crappy service.
6. Mexico has the softest, whitest, finest sand of any beach anywhere. Gorgeous.
7. There is a reason people go with the grandparents or leave the kids behind when attempting to go on a 'relaxing' beach holiday.
8. I could eat guacamole all day. Every day.
9. I thought we had come out the other side of the monster three-year-old phase. It appears I was mistaken.
10. I managed to wear at least one item of self-made clothing each day whilst we were away. (My plans to make a bikini were thwarted by leaving it to the last minute and then running out of time: Plus total lack of swimwear sewing knowledge).
11. I really should have taken blog photos on the beach.
Oh, and I have the kindest, most fun friends and the most wonderful family. So;
12. I'm a lucky lucky lady, with a lot to look forward to in 2015.
Happy new year!